College Advisor Cover Letter
College Advisors provide support to students, including at-risk populations, and help them improve academic performance. Activities that a College Advisor usually completes are referring students to school programs, helping them to set educational goals, assisting with major selection, collaborating with teachers and parents, making suggestions for educational programs, monitoring student progress, and helping them to choose a suitable career.
Based on our selection of cover letters for College Advisor, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Advising abilities
- An approachable manner
- A non-judgmental attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Being able to work independently and as part of a team
- Confidentiality and work ethics
- Familiarity with academic environments
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer competences
A typical College Advisor cover letter sample showcasing similar abilities is provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive College Advisor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Ellis:
Upon learning of your search for a new College Advisor, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a student-oriented and extremely knowledgeable professional with an extensive background in working directly with students to identify their academic and career pursuits and assist them throughout the college application and admissions process, I would be a strong asset to your team in this role.
My background includes evaluating students’ academic performances, collaborating with teachers, guiding at-risk students, and recommending appropriate coursework and activities to strengthen students’ positioning as college applicants. With strong inner motivation and superior organization talents, I excel at coordinating career assessment exams, facilitating college campus fairs and representative visits, and identifying colleges and universities most appropriate for each student’s unique goals and objectives. Further, my vast and up-to-date knowledge of nationwide college and university programs and requirements is certain to render me an asset to your school in this role.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Educating and supporting junior- and senior-year students at LeHigh Academy in Ridgefield, Ohio as a College Advisor for the past 10 years, helping students throughout college application, admissions, and financial aid processes.
- Designing and implementing a college-readiness system, enabling 168 out of 185 seniors to gain college acceptance while providing workshops on financial aid programs, college essay and application assistance, and scholarship/grant opportunities.
- Developing and distributing career inventories, surveys, and questionnaires for students to discover and home in on their professional interests.
- Reaching out to local alumni of colleges and universities to build relationships and garner support for soon-to-graduate students.
- Monitoring and documenting matriculation of graduates, ensuring thorough completion of all corresponding and final student records.
- Possessing outstanding research, analysis, and interpersonal abilities; superior written and verbal communication skills.
With my success in advising and supporting students throughout all facets of college application and admissions, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Monteville High School. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position, and my qualifications, with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Marjorie R. Trahan
Name | Email | Mobile | LinkedIn
Dear Mr. XXXX: FIND THE NAME! Call and find out who to make it out to; it’s imperative that you personalize communications.
I am writing to express my interest in working for xxx as your xxx, and have enclosed my resume and credentials for your consideration. Review of my credentials will confirm that I am a dependable, passionate and high-performing professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills. I have extensive academic qualifications including the pursuit of my MBA from Georgia College and State University combined with several years of experience increasing enrollment and recruitment/admissions for key Universities. I am a strong leader with the ability to develop strategic initiatives to ensure continued growth and retention in highly competitive environments.
Other highlights of my career that would help me to exceed as your Graduation Coach would be:
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize a busy workload and ensure complex projects are delivered on time and exceed expectations
- Experienced in working with students – I am able to develop trust and relationships quickly, and will utilize my strong interpersonal skills to greatly increase initial and continued enrollment
- Superior technical skills with expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outloook) as well as Salesforce, Banner, MS Office Suite, WordPress, Wix
- Proven leader – currently manage the entire Recruitment and Admissions process for University clients and lead team members to ensure critical projects are completed timely and exceed all expectations
- Consistently a top performer-my career showcases promotions and the receipt of coveted awards
In particular, the strong relationships I build with clients, team members, managers and the community has resulted in significant increases in project success and gained an enormous amount of respect. I am confident that my personal touch and ability to build lasting relationships would be a welcome addition to xxx. My resume will provide additional details concerning my qualifications and accomplishments, and I would welcome the opportunity for an interview to discuss the performance you can expect from me.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.