Show Tags18 Oct 2015, 20:26
I am actually surprised at the lack of reviews on essay editing services. It's probably because it has not become a part of most consulting services.
But I just wanted to start this thread and get people to compare their experiences on essay editing services.
For me, I did not want to spend $$$ on consulting services, so did the most of app preparation myself and only used editing services to improve the quality of my essays.
From my experience,
1. fxmbaconsulting: pretty slow at responding to msgs and questions. She seems to be handling all her clients by herself, and it shows that it's overwhelming for her. She is a good consultant, but expect a relatively longer turnaround time.
2. Essayedge: please save yourself time and money by staying away from essayedge.com. I was very disappointed at the level of their service. It was always a struggle to get a hold of my editor, and she had absolutely no real background in editing MBA essays. She WAS a Harvard graduate, but, for a master's degree in math or something. Basically, I don't recommend them.
3. Topadmit: Don't be fooled by its low price. I only used it for a short essay, but did not see any significant improvement or changes. After I expressed my disappointment, he made TWO minor changes and basically stopped responding. I am not sure if this was a matter of a bad editor or if this is the case for its service in entirety, but I wouldn't go back to them for another editing job.
4. Gurufi.com: I found out about gurufi.com from a med school forum, and ended up choosing "Brian" based on his popularity and reviews. I can't say enough about how happy I was when I got my essays back. I think he's almost a magician when it comes down to making your essays look much refined and stylistic without disrupting your original tone or msg. He responds to your questions very quickly, and keeps working on your essay until you are satisfied. I almost find it unfortunate for other applicants that he is not mentioned much on this forum. EVERYONE should go to Brian for essay editing. Having said that, because I have no experience with other editors on gurufi.com, my comments are only valid for Brian.
Lets get this thread going, and other ppl can comment on other editing services out there.
This post received
Please click on any services from the list to see the details
General Education - Essay Review Process
Please find the sample review (click to enlarge and see details)of a sample MBA admission essay,which was originally written by an applicant and after it hasbeen modified by our consultant after repetitive review and brainstorming sessions.
Bad essay with comments (Click on image to enlarge)
A Better, modified MBA application essay (Click on image to enlarge)
How do we differentiate from similar services in Market
Personal Interaction:We believe in quality service and in order to do, it is necessary for the candidate to stay in close touch with MBA essay consultants. The personal interaction with MBA essay consultants commences from the Brainstorming session and continues throughout the application process. Imagine having someone to call / email / meet to clarify small doubts on sample MBA Essays- that might make significant difference. Most of clients continue to maintain touch with our consultants post-admission to seek career guidance during / post MBA
Industry Pioneers:We are the pioneers in this industry, servicing our clients since 2006 In these 4 great years, we have made significant progress and served more than 400 customers. Each of our consultants has built an expertise by learning on the ground and serving candidates rather than merely relying on his own application experience.
Service Customization:Once we fruitfully engage with a candidate, our relentless focus is to ensure the candidate produces best possible application. Towards that end, we go a long way to customize our services. We have at times provided even four essays reviews. We have expedited reviews to turnaround the whole applications within a week. We will walk that extra mile for you, as per situation
Refer a customer (your contact who eventually buys General Education service) and further avail discount of 10% on your referred customer's highest priced service. You may keep on adding progressive discount by referring as many unique customers as you want.
Note on Fees:
- The service is non-refundable but adjustable in future in lieu for any other service.
- According to the consumption assumptions given at the end of each service the amount would be adjusted if required
- Services bought in March are non-adjustable due to accounting complexities of year end
- Services bought in one financial year will not be adjusted in next financial year